Friday, December 20, 2013

Mobile Recruiting-Apps for Smartphones not so smart?

As I found myself with a great lack of time for the regular check-up on the job market I also found myself at lost for the proper "findings". Even, or maybe especially, LinkedIn and XING are hardly any help. Other Portals turned into app is seldom setting my HR-heart on fire.

Ralf blogged last week on how mobile recruiting-apps are of hardly any relevance according to a recent published study by trendMonitor. It stated that 81% of the persons asked are prefering other methods besides mobile recruiting. 

I took a look on the other side of the world for better answers to my question. What is about it anyways. 


(from blogg.careercloud.com)


And one gets it. To follow current job-offers via smartphone on platforms like InstaJob is awesome. To apply with it directly? Meh, not so. 

As HR I rather have applicants who pay attention and effort in their cover-letter/ -mail and résumé rather than having not-well-structured profiles thrown at me via wordless mail. And as HR I also advice my applicants to put some more work in it when they mean to work for a company for real. 

It leaves recruiting apps to only get the message and employer brand out there. Sometimes it is the only thing that's needed. 

By the way, if you wanna browse a little regarding all kinds of recruiting apps, this might help.

Nan


No comments:

Post a Comment