Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Storytelling in HR

Everybody talks about Storytelling these days. And for brands storytelling is a well-working tool to gain and retain costumers. Especially as storytelling allows a brand to be presented in more than 6sec commercial "break".

The ads streaming prior to videos on sites like youtube.com are allowed to be skipped. While my daughter loves to click the skip button I find myself actually enjoying those ads as they are capturing an evolving story as grand visual play. It also allows the tool to be repeated within a self-marketing campaign without it getting annoying or old. So is Chanel's current storyboard for Coco which had me sucked in Chanel-World for 6 episodes of about 3-4 minutes each. Here is one to give a taste.




One big question popped up then: Why in the world does no employer gain and retains his employees via this tool?! 

(I haven't found one - but I am sure this would go more than viral.)

The assumed answer(s) to my question:
-  a lot of employers have not understood they are a brand on the job-market
-  most companies have not understood how emotions and motions can be used for HR
- HR and self-PR/Marketing does not get that big of a pot to finance an elaborated story
- HR has not understood that storytelling not only works for training purposes


Or maybe the world hasn't grown old and tired (and sick, personally) from carreer-rap-video-awkwardness
I would like you to spare from. But even videos like this one below is leaving a blah-feeling and makes me quote my cousin who loves to say "you cereal?!"




Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment