Thursday, October 31, 2013

5 Questions to HR - Becoming a true Business Partner

Strategic work in HR seldom gets the appreciation as many still may connect HR to be the great task of hoarding personnel files, being a meany to applicants and not caring what employees feel and think about. Today I would like to introduce to you a dear colleague of mine: 


Nathalie Szwagrzyk
Nathalie works at MSLGROUP in Paris and is always on the bus when it comes to strategic change in personnel work within the global network. Personally, I admire her for her straight forwardness and positivity no matter how slow and agonizing a task or the process within a worldwide network is.

I asked her five questions about her work and how she views HR. Check it out and be inspired.

1.) Five words to describe your field/job/tasks?
Employee Engagement & Employer Branding

2.) How do you help your co-workers turning a frown upside down?
I have experienced that passion and enthusiasm is communicative, so this is how I'm trying to energize people who are working with me. If you keep a positive attitude, positive things will happen.


3.) Is there a task in HR which you dislike? 
Not really!


4.) Do your friends ask you to redact their résumés? 
HR has always been my passion even before it became a real job for me. I was on Monster and then LinkedIn long before I graduated. I've also been through so many student jobs that I have quite an extensive experience of applications and job interviews! Hence my friends have always came to me spontaneously for advice. I have never written anyone's applications though, I think it doesn't help the applicant nor the recruiter at the end of it! 

5.) What does or should HR stand for?
 

I think there has never been a more interesting time to work in HR. With more and more admin issues dealt with externally, we can really focus on the Strategic Part of the job. Also, with employees jumping regularly from one company to another, the relation you have with Talent has changed drastically. On the Employee side it means making sure people are constantly inspired and energized in their work. On the Company side, it means becoming a true Business Partner to your Managers to help them navigate this change and build the best teams that will eventually deliver great business results. It's a win-win situation!


Thank you Nathalie. It was a great pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment