Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Why isn't HR mobile yet!

From Ralf Junge's blog entry: "Warum sind wir nicht mobil?"

My smartphone and I are like Bonnie & Clyde - inseperable, it is an essential part of my life. So much as wenn I don't have it with me, panic attacks almost occur. Technically my entire schedule is organized on my phone. Since I am looking for a new job, I am using my phone for my job search as well. But this, hardly is any fun.

Trying to look at job-ads via mobile I fail. Honestly: the up and down scrolling as well as the constant mini and maximizing is a pain. Actually, it is a pitty. Shouldn't it be logical to have a job search enabled to run via mobile phone.?! Survey results show quite clearly, web access via smartphone are increasing. And users demand a mobile optimization, for job-ads also.

Current studies affirm the saddening truth. Only a handful of companies are publishing actual mobile optimized job-ads. At least Monster.de released a pioneering announcement at this years Zukunft Personal - an annual fair for HR. 'Job-Ads are to be published with a responsive design.' We will see how long it will take companies to notice this trend.

I admit, mobile accessibility is not compellably required for every company. But when it comes to reaching the young, technology and web-affine target group as employer mobile optimization is needed. Especially as employers compete in the race for talents.

So what are we going to do now? Employers pretty much get the next target group directing innovation or channel served on a silver platter. Considering the current speed of innovations in HR, I strongly assume the Zukunft Personal 2015 it is called: "Recruiting is mobile now".

No comments:

Post a Comment