Wednesday, July 31, 2013

McDonalds a.k.a. McDumb when it comes to wages

Yes, while translating for the longest only even I find some little time to blow my mind about HR issues from all over the world. Not as regular as Ralf and Jannis but every last and 15th of the month you will be reading from me.

Now plenty of bloggers, newspapers, radios even TV broadcasted their opinion on the recent McDonald's Faux-Pas. Or let me say it like this, I hope the one that calculated the wage-example will never behind the cash register - I don't wanna count my money in control they got or get it right.


Here is the thing I am talking bout and you have probably seen and shaken your head about a couple of times already:


As International Business Times already stated nicely in their article, the whole plan is unlivable, or as I would say ridiculous! It expects you to have a second job, get Healthcare by $20 a month (LOL) and rent for $600 - U.S. nationwide. Now I remember seeing apartments for a minimum of $650 when I lived in FL, but what about NY? It wouldn't even get you ONE room in an apartment with the average rent in NY being by $3,000. Well, unless you wanna live in the wall closet...with 3 more folks. Ridiculous! Also, having a car, but obviously no need to get gas for it to run in the first place must be the highly futuristic imagination by the responsible persons for inventing and approving this plan to be published. Oh yes, before I forget, forget about heating. So poor McDonald's workers working at this minimum wage to live of, you might have to consider investing in sweaters, lots of sweaters.

For the fun of watching, I think Stephen Colbert's Show satired it nicely:



Sadly, although being a clown, Ronald meant it not to be a joke.

Wow, just wow.

NT

No comments:

Post a Comment